Friday, August 22, 2008

you should know...

ADELE! I truly do love this woman's voice! This Brit's voice is so smokey, jazzy yet soulful and powerful. I hit youtube up to get my theme music going and I listened to "First love" and I was in tears. There are few songs that stir emotions but it did,deeply. I will say this, the Brit's are mos def bringing Soul, may it be retro but soul nonetheless, back. And my God I'm I glad to hear it! Amy started it, but Duffy and sweet Adele are making it a staple in the world of music once again. On her Myspace, she listed her influences and I was far from surprised to see Alicia Keys, Jill Scott and the one and only Lauryn Hill. Call me crazy, but when I heard "First love" I thought back to the first time I heard "When it hurts so bad". Welcome to America Adele!
http://www.myspace.com/adelelondon

Chasing Pavements


Chasing Pavements(acoustic)


Hometown Glory

No comments: